2022 | Accident Insurance | Voluntary BenefitsTrustmark Accident Insurance
Only Available During Open Enrollment
How It Works
Trustmark’s Accident insurance helps pay for unexpected healthcare expenses due to non-occupational accidents that occur every day. Accident insurance provides benefits due to covered accidents for initial care, injuries, and follow-up care. Benefits are paid directly to the employee, in addition to any other coverage they have.
Who is eligible?
- Employees – Ages 18 to 80, actively working full-time
- Spouses – Ages 18 to 80, who are not disabled
- Children – Birth to age 26, who are unmarried and dependent
Accidental death benefit
- Provides a lump-sum benefit for an accidental death that occurs within 90 days of a covered accident:
- Pays $100,000 for the insured, $50,000 for the spouse and $25,000 for a child.
- The benefit doubles if the accidental death is due to a common carrier.
Catastrophic accident benefit
- Helps families during the transitional period following a catastrophic loss:
- Provides a lump-sum benefit for catastrophic loss after fulfilling a 90-day elimination period.
- Pays $150,000 for the insured, $75,000 for the spouse and $75,000 for a child.
A catastrophic loss is the loss of use of sight, hearing, speech, arms or legs.
Promotes good health among employees and their families by providing them a $100 benefit to offset the cost of going to the doctor for routine physicals, immunizations, and health screening tests, regardless of other coverage. The benefit provides a maximum of two visits per person, annually. (A 60-day waiting period applies.)
Eligible tests include:
- Low-dose mammography
- Pap smear for women over age 18
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Hemoccult stool specimen
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test for prostate cancer
- Stress test on a bicycle or treadmill
- Fasting blood glucose test
- Blood test for triglycerides
- Bone marrow testing
- Serum cholesterol test to determine HDL and LDL levels
- Breast ultrasound
- CA 15-3 (blood test for breast cancer)
- CA 125 (blood test for ovarian cancer)
- CEA (blood test for colon cancer)
- Chest X-ray
- Serum protein electrophoresis (blood test for myeloma)
To file a Wellness Claim: Visit www.duvalschools.org/benefits to obtain the Trustmark Wellness Claim form. It is located under the Forms link.