To: All Employees Currently On Leave of Absence (FMLA, OJI, Suspension, Military, or Personal)
From: Duval County Public Schools, Employee Benefits Department
DCPS invites you to our Leave of Absence 2022 Plan Year Open Enrollment on Oct. 6, 2021. We have dedicated this special enrollment day for employees who are currently on leave of absence. Enrollment appointments will be held at the Administration Building, 1701 Prudential Drive. To schedule your appointment, please contact the Employee Benefits office at 904-390-2351.
Enrollment information is available via the DCPS Benefits Website, providing you with quick and convenient access to benefit details, provider information & important updates regarding open enrollment.
- Open Enrollment Dates: Sept. 20, 2021 – Oct. 29, 2021
- Period of Coverage: Jan. 1, 2022 – Dec. 31, 2022
- Leave of Absence dedicated enrollment day at the Administration Building: Oct. 6, 2021
- Enrollment: You Have Options – 3 Ways to Enroll!
New for 2022
- Lasik and hearing aid discounts are now available to all Delta Dental enrollees. You can save an average of 62% off of top-brand hearing aids, and 40-50% off the national average price for traditional Lasik.
- In addition, Davis Vision is offering a new PREMIERE plan, featuring a $500 allowance for Lasik surgery.
- NEW! The COVID-19 Incentive may put money in your pocket. Ask a Benefits Counselor for more details.
2022 Employee Benefits
- Dental – HMO slight increase
- Vision – slight increase with 2 plan options
Medical Flexible Spending Account (MFSA) or Dependent Flexible Spending Account (DFSA)
- Maximum FSA Contribution limit increasing to $2,800
- Employee ONLY contributions through payroll deductions to the MFSA/DFSA must be elected at your enrollment session. Employees must complete an enrollment (with a Counselor or by self-enrolling online) to contribute their own dollars to these accounts.
- Employees WILL LOSE DFSA and/or FSA funds that are not used by Dec. 31, 2021.
- Prior year contributions WILL NOT roll over to 2022.
- NOTE: DCPS no longer contributes to an employee’s FSA.
Employee Contributions to a Health Savings Account (HSA)
NOTE: In order to contribute to & utilize an HSA account, you must be enrolled in the High Deductible Health Plan
- Employee contributions through payroll deductions to the HSA must be elected at your enrollment session.
- Employees WILL NOT lose any unused HSA funds.
- Enrolling in the High Deductible Plan will not automatically open your Health Savings Account (HSA). Please contact Payflex Customer Service at 1-888-238-3539 for further details.
- As an employee, you receive $250 per year in flex dollars to help pay for your pretax benefits. Flex dollars will be added to your payroll check to offset your benefits.
- The first deduction for your 2022 benefits will be on the Dec. 3, 2021 paycheck.
- Please pay close attention when enrolling and confirm that you have enrolled in the correct plans and your dependents, if applicable, are attached to those benefits.
Additional Benefits Information
- Visit dcps.fbmcbenefits.com/#benefits for benefit information and updates. If you do not have a computer at home, there are kiosks available at worksites, in the Employee Benefits Department, and public libraries. You may also access the site with your smartphone or tablet.
- If you have any questions, please contact the FBMC Service Center at 1-855-5MY-DCPS (1-855-569-3277).
Guaranteed Issue for the 2022 Plan Year
- Allstate Benefits Group Critical Illness***
- Allstate Benefits Group Hospital Indemnity***
- Trustmark Universal Life & Universal LifeEvents*
- Unum Whole Life**
- Trustmark Accident Insurance
* Applies to newly eligible employees. See a Benefits Counselor for details.
** Applies to newly eligible employees, spouses and participants with existing coverage who wish to increase coverage up to the GI limit.
*** Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity benefits are provided by limited benefit insurance. Limitations and exclusions apply. Allstate Benefits is the marketing name for American Heritage Life Insurance Company, Home Office, Jacksonville, FL, the underwriting company and a subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation.
Open Enrollment Process
- Read this post and review your Employee Benefits Reference Guide website.
- Review your current benefits and dependent/beneficiary information online at www.myFBMC.com. If you are a new user to or have not signed in since 2008, you must register as a new user.
Gathering Documentation For Enrollment
Employees who are adding dependents will be required to show these documents to the Benefit Counselor during Open Enrollment or to the Benefits Office:
- Social Security numbers
- Birth certificates
- Marriage certificates
For a full list of required documentation and additional information on verification guidelines, please visit the Dependent Verification page.
2: SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
To schedule your appointment, please contact the Employee Benefits office at 904-390-2351.
To add or change benefits (except Voluntary benefits) while on leave, you must contact the Employee Benefits Department at 904-390-2351.
In the event you have a change of status, contact the Benefits Office directly at 904-390-2351 to complete a new enrollment and get answers to any questions you may have about the process.
Details on status change procedures can be found on the Changing Your Benefits page.
- Verify the benefit selections you made are correct.
- Print your confirmation statement containing all your benefit elections for you and your family.
- All enrollment changes must be completed during the Open Enrollment Period (Sept. 20 – Oct. 29, 2021).
- After Open Enrollment has ended, you will not be able to make changes unless you experience a permitted change in status event. However, you can submit an enrollment appeal to DCPS Employee Benefits Office for review. Additional information regarding permitted change in status events throughout the plan year can be found here.
Enrollment appeals will only be granted under very narrow circumstances as provided by IRS guidelines and consistent with the district and insurance carrier practices. All appeals must be submitted to the DCPS Employee Benefits Department between Oct. 25 and Oct. 29, 2021.
Examples of errors that will NOT be considered as an appeal:
- Failure to complete an enrollment during the Open Enrollment period
- Accidentally electing or dropping a plan
- Deleting a dependent in error
See the Appeals section of the Employee Benefits Reference Guide website for more information.