To: All Employees Currently On Leave of Absence (FMLA, OJI, Suspension, Military, or Personal)
From: Duval County Public Schools, Employee Benefits Department
DCPS invites you to our Leave of Absence 2021 Plan Year Open Enrollment on Oct. 13, 2020. We have dedicated this special enrollment day for employees who are currently on leave of absence. Enrollment appointments will be held at the Administration Building, 1701 Prudential Drive. To schedule your appointment, please contact the Employee Benefits office at 904-390-2351.
This year we have a new website to provide you with enrollment information. This will allow DCPS to provide you important information and vital updates quickly.
- Open Enrollment Dates: Sept. 21, 2020 – Oct. 23, 2020
- Period of Coverage: Jan. 1, 2021 – Dec. 31, 2021
- Leave of Absence dedicated enrollment day at the Administration Building: Oct. 13, 2020
Keeping Employees Safe
For your safety and convenience, we have made an increased number of Phone and Virtual Enrollment Sessions available this year. For those that choose to enroll in person with a Benefits Counselor, we have made every effort to make enrolling as safe as possible.
During Onsite enrollment, the following safety measures will be in place to protect employees and staff against the spread of COVID-19:
- Benefits Counselors will be screened daily according to CDC guidelines, including temperature screening
- Counselors will wear face masks at all times
- Meeting spaces will be sanitized between each appointment
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more will be observed between Counselors and employees
- A desk shield will be in place between Counselors and employees
- A thorough response procedure is prepared for any potential COVID 19 exposure
If You Are Not Making Any Changes
If you DO NOT wish to make any changes to your current benefit elections AND you DO NOT make employee contributions to a MFSA, DFSA, or HSA, your current benefit elections will automatically carry forward to the 2021 plan year.
New for 2021
Lasik and hearing aid discounts are now available to all Delta Dental enrollees. You can save an average of 62% off of top-brand hearing aids, and 40-50% off the national average price for traditional Lasik.
Enrollment appeals will only be granted under very narrow circumstances as provided by IRS guidelines and consistent with the district and insurance carrier practices. All appeals must be submitted to the DCPS Employee Benefits Department between Oct. 28 and Nov. 1, 2020.
Examples of errors that will NOT be considered as an appeal:
- Failure to complete an enrollment during the Open Enrollment period
- Accidentally electing or dropping a plan
- Deleting a dependent in error
See the Appeals section of the 2021 Employee Benefits Reference Guide website for more information.
2021 Employee Benefits
- Rates remain the same.
Medical Flexible Spending Account (MFSA)
- Employee ONLY contributions through payroll deductions to the MFSA must be elected at your enrollment session.
- Employees WILL LOSE FSA funds that are not used by Dec. 31, 2020.
- Prior year contributions WILL NOT roll over to 2021.
- NOTE: DCPS no longer contributes to an employee’s FSA.
Employee Contributions to a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee contributions through payroll deductions to the HSA must be elected at your enrollment session.
- Employees WILL NOT lose any unused HSA funds.
- Enrolling in the High Deductible Plan will not automatically open your Health Savings Account (HSA). Please contact Payflex Customer Service at 1-888-238-3539 for further details.
- As an employee, you receive $250 per year in flex dollars to help pay for your pretax benefits. Flex dollars not used to offset pretax benefits will be added to your payroll check.
- Based on changes made during Open Enrollment, your coupons and billing will be updated to reflect. Remember premium payments are still required for your benefit elections until you have returned to ACTIVE status and are no longer on leave.
- Please pay close attention when enrolling and confirm that you have enrolled in the correct plans and your dependents, if applicable, are attached to those benefits.
Additional Benefits Information
- Visit dcps.fbmcbenefits.com/#benefits for benefit information and updates. If you do not have a computer at home, there are kiosks available at worksites, in the Employee Benefits Department, and public libraries. You may also access the site with your smartphone or tablet.
- If you have any questions, please contact the FBMC Service Center at 1-855-5MY-DCPS (1-855-569-3277).
Open Enrollment Process
- Read this post and review your 2021 Employee Benefits Reference Guide website.
- Review your current benefits and dependent/beneficiary information online at www.myFBMC.com. If you are a new user to or have not signed in since 2008, you must register as a new user.
Gathering Documentation For Enrollment
Employees who are adding dependents will be required to show these documents to the Benefit Counselor during Open Enrollment or to the Benefits Office:
- Social Security numbers
- Birth certificates
- Marriage certificates
For a full list of required documentation and additional information on verification guidelines, please visit the Dependent Verification page.
2: SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
To schedule your appointment, please contact the Employee Benefits office at 904-390-2351.
To add or change benefits (except Voluntary benefits) while on leave, you must contact the Employee Benefits Department at 904-390-2351.
In the event you have a change of status, contact the Benefits Office directly at 904-390-2351 to complete a new enrollment and get answers to any questions you may have about the process.
Details on status change procedures can be found on the Changing Your Benefits page.
- Verify the benefit selections you made are correct.
- Print your confirmation statement containing all your benefit elections for you and your family.
- All enrollment changes must be completed during the Open Enrollment Period (Sept. 21 – Oct. 23, 2020).
- After Open Enrollment has ended, you will not be able to make changes unless you experience a permitted change in status event. However, you can submit an enrollment appeal to DCPS Employee Benefits Office for review. Additional information regarding permitted change in status events throughout the plan year can be found here.